So, yesterday was my birthday. I turned the big 2-0 this year... Kinda scary, I know. I could write some profound post about growing up and no longer being a teenager and blah blah, but I'm not. Rather, I'll tell you about this tradition I have.
Every year, I write a list of things I want to do that year. Specifically, the number of things equal to the age I am turning that year. So last year, after my birthday dinner, I went in my room and dug up my list of 19 things to do at 19. I did a fair amount of them, including
-kiss a stranger on top of the Eiffel Tower
-decide on a career I want to pursue for the rest of my life
-go on a roadtrip (every year, I know, I know)
-travel the world
-take a picture like Princess Di's in front of the Taj
...and a few others. So this year, I decided to share with those of you who still read this old blog my list for 20. I could explain, but it would take to long, so just know most of them have a pretty solid reason behind them.
Twenty things at 20:
1. Do a backflip on a trampoline
2. Learn to ice skate
3. New York trip wif friendsss
4. Have more money than at 20
5. Have a real job. 50 hours a week.
6. Live somewhere other than Utah/Arizona
7. Go to the temple EVERY MONTH
8. Run five miles
10. Sneak into a club
11. Shower under a waterfall (with herbal essences)
12. Read Jesus, The Christ
13. Bungee Jump
14. Learn Spanish better
15. Find a worthy cause and volunteer at least 20 hours
16. Get a pet
17. Interview with the big 3 for internships. All of them.
18. Get scuba certified
19. Camping trip
20. Again – don’t grow up and get scared of doing new things